It seems increasingly clear that Flutter is here to stay in the world of mobile apps. Since Google released this open-source cross-platform app development framework in late 2017, its popularity and usage have continued to grow.
Its ease of use, the strong community behind it, and its performance similar to native development have progressively made Flutter the most popular cross-platform app development framework on the market, with around 10,000 apps on Google Play and the Apple Store.
Despite that, there is still a false belief that apps developed in Flutter have certain limitations or that their quality is not comparable to native apps. Let's take a look at some examples of very popular and famous apps made with Flutter to see the framework's ability and potential to create high-level interfaces and performance:
10 Apps Developed with Flutter
- Google Ads: Google's leading platform for advertising campaigns and personalized ads. The application uses Flutter to provide a more consistent and intuitive experience for advertisers.
- The New York Times: The app of the famous newspaper offers a smooth user experience on mobile devices and the web thanks to Flutter.
- Alibaba: A well-known e-commerce platform. Alibaba's app, developed with Flutter, allows users to efficiently make purchases from global suppliers.
- Reflectly: An AI-based app that promotes mindfulness and emotional well-being. Created with Flutter, it offers an attractive interface and easy navigation for its users.
- Philips Hue: An app for controlling Philips Hue smart lights. Flutter has helped provide an intuitive and customizable experience.
- Fuse: An app for splitting bills and expenses among friends and family. Flutter has allowed for easy implementation on iOS and Android.
- Hamilton: The official app of the Broadway musical "Hamilton." Flutter enabled the creation of an app that works on both Android and iOS.
- Watermaniac: A water consumption tracking app. Users can log their daily intake and receive reminders to stay hydrated. Flutter makes maintenance and updates easy.
- Toyota: Toyota uses Flutter to enhance the customer experience in vehicles, creating a smooth and user-friendly touchscreen interface.
- BMW: BMW's app for a vehicle customer experience. Flutter allowed for efficient and continuous development of versions for iOS and Android.
These ten noteworthy apps developed with Flutter demonstrate the framework's versatility and potential for creating high-quality, cross-platform applications. However, it's essential to note that there are countless other exciting possibilities waiting to be explored. Whether you have a groundbreaking idea for a mobile app or seek to enhance user experiences, Flutter provides a robust platform to turn your vision into reality. The sky's the limit with Flutter, making it an exciting tool for the future of mobile application development.